Arch Linux perl upgrade problemsFollow @ggarron
Yesterday, while upgrading Perl in Arch Linux to host my Personal Blog, I run into some errors.
While installing I've got this warning.
- The directories /usr/lib/perl5/current, /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current, /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1, and /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 have been removed from @INC. - The script/binary directories are now /usr/bin/*_perl instead of /usr/lib/perl5/*_perl/bin which will be eventually removed.
And after the upgrade, no perl script was able to run in my server.
Here some of the error I found in the logs:
[Tue Jul 05 22:50:42 2011] [error] [client 126.96.36.199] Premature end of script headers: mt-check.cgi [Tue Jul 05 22:57:55 2011] [error] [client 188.8.131.52] /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Cwd/Cwd.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr [Tue Jul 05 22:57:55 2011] [error] [client 184.108.40.206] Premature end of script headers: mt-check.cgi
I do not know if this is the best solution, and also do not know if it can break something in your system, but it worked with me.
mv /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl.bak