From the Drupal Home Page (From April 27th)
Our third Drupal 7 alpha version was released just over a month ago. Today, we’re proud to announce the release of the fourth alpha version of Drupal 7.x for your further testing and feedback. The first alpha announcement provided a comprehensive list of improvements made since Drupal 6.x, so in this announcement we’ll concentrate on how you can help ensure that Drupal 7 is released as soon as possible and is as rock solid as the previous Drupal releases that you’ve grown to love!
This release includes many critical bug fixes and other improvements, including:
- Color module now usable by themes other than Garland.
- Usability improvements including re-weightable roles and saner Forum module defaults.
- A variety of optimizations made to data import-related functions to make migrations faster.
- Lots of previously missing documentation for hooks has now been documented. Hooray!
- Increased test coverage, particularly core Tokens.
- Lots of smaller bug fixes, security patches, and improvements. Read the release notes