F-Spot is a great software to manage your photos.
You can import them directly from your camera, or from a directory.
You can Browse thumbnails, Edith the photo, see it in Full screen or start a slide show, all from its panel buttons.
You also have the possibility of adding tags to your pictures, so then you can search or list them by its tags.
It comes with some pre-defined tags, but you can add as more as you want.
Has also some great tools, to improve your photos’ look
- A crop tool
- A redeye remove tool
- Adjust photo colors tool
- A tool to convert the photo to B/W
- A tool to convert to sepia tones
- A tool to adjust the angle of the image to straighten the horizon
- A tool to create a soft focus visual effect
- A tool to automatically adjust the colors In the bottom left corner you have the info about the photo highlighted or the one being edited, see what you have. As you can see this is really a good complement to your Desktop. Mandriva has it installed by Default if you have installed from the DVD, on Debian just execute. apt-get install f-spot Here is a full screenshot of it with the thumbnails of an imported album.